Department / Location
Aquatic Leisure Technologies - Jandakot
Aquatic Leisure Technologies is an innovative leader in product and material development, we are seeking a dynamic, technically strong Organic Chemist to join our team.
- Innovative Product Development
- Permanent Full-time Opportunity
- Opportunity for Career Growth
Organic Chemistry Technician
Aquatic Leisure Technologies (ALT) is a proudly WA family owned and operated business. With over 44 years’ experience manufacturing swimming pools for local, national and international markets, we are the market leader in our industry.
About the Role
This is a key role within the company, working alongside the Industrial Chemist you will be responsible for testing raw materials to ensure conformity to the specified requirements and for producing and retaining all testing, batch and certification records.
This role will provide specialist technical contributions in order to develop and implement new process technologies and drive continuous process improvement activities for the manufacture of advanced raw materials and products.
- Analysis of chemical and physical properties of substances and developing and monitoring chemical processes and production.
- Performing tests on chemicals, analysis of results and carrying out technical functions in plastics and other organic and inorganic chemicals for use in the production of swimming pools and equipment.
- Preparing materials for experimentation.
- Collecting information and samples.
- Conducting field and laboratory experiments, tests and analyses.
- Carry our flexural and tensile strength testing of composite panels.
- Presenting results in graphic and written form by preparing charts, diagrams and reports.
- Performing routine mathematical calculations, and computations of measurements.
- Controlling the quality and quantity of laboratory supplies by testing samples and monitoring usage.
- Participate in research and development activities.
- Checking, calibrating and maintaining test equipment.
- Participating in fabricating, installing and modifying equipment to ensure that critical standards are met.
- Writing of company test methods, work instructions, and other lab quality manual documents.
Skills and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications in Organic Chemistry or related or Chemical Engineering.
- Similar industry experience working with plastics and related chemicals.
- Excellent eye for detail and accuracy skills.
- Knowledge of flexural strength and stress testing methods.
- Knowledge of computing and statistical data programs.
Who Are We Looking For?
This position is suitable for a switched-on experienced Chemist with extensive commercial laboratory experience and highly knowledgeable in terms of instrumentation and organic chemistry skills.You will have solid knowledge of one or more of the following areas; organic chemistry, fluid properties, resin or thin film application process technology, manufacturing process improvement.
You will need to be a hands-on self-starter who demonstrates a willingness to learn and share knowledge having good interpersonal and communication skills and being able to work both autonomously and under supervision.
Please forward a covering letter and resume to email@example.com